FAQ – Help
Benefits of fax 2 email
- Save time
- Save money - there is no need for a fax machine, dedicated land line or a fax machine!
- Receive your faxes anywhere you have email access
- Fax from your PC by attaching documents to an email
- Sending faxes using our service is cheaper than using Telkom
- Give 086 fax numbers to all your staff members
- Private viewing of your faxes
- Save your faxes to your drive or to the cloud for later viewing or printing
- You need an existing email address such as Gmail (or any other email account that you prefer).
- Sign up for the free fax service by filling in your name, telephone number and email address on the signup form
- Check your email for your first email from the fax service.
- Your first email will confirm your fax number and provide more information about the service.
- If you fail to receive the email, please check your spam folder.
- White-list the fax email address by adding it to your address book.
- Send a test fax to your fax number to confirm everything is in order.
- Give your fax number to your clients.
- Put your fax number on your business cards and in your email signature.
When a fax fails, it might give you a fax error code consisting of two characters (such as 37 or 4A), instead of telling you what the actual problem is in plain English.
An example would be “Communication Error (37)".
The code has a purpose and meaning, and you may check it is against the fax error code table.
- Wait 20 minutes: Before starting to look for a solution to your problem, please make sure you have given sufficient time for the fax to get to your mailbox, faxes may take up to 20 minutes at busy times. Wait 20 minutes after a fax has been sent.
- White-list the fax email in your mail client by adding the fax email address to your contact list
- Accept the fax email in boxbe or mailmashal
- The fax number is wrong: Check that the fax number is correct.
- Mailbox is full: Check that your mailbox is not full.
- If your clients get OK reports but you do not receive faxes: Check your spam box
Check that you have "white-listed" the fax-to-email service email address in your email program. You can do this in some programs by adding the email address fax @ sisha . net to your contact list / address book
- Server side block on attachments: Check with your email service provider, or with your company's IT department, to see that the emails are not being blocked at the server for including attachments such an images, pdf files or due to their large size. Some companies have firewalls and may have "mailmarshal" that blocks images and stop large emails. If you have gmail or yahoo, add the fax's email address to your contact list.
- If you company policies refuses to unblock the faxes:
- Create a free gmail email account
- Call or email the fax service provider to change your email address to the new email
- Telkom or the service provider is experiencing technical problems - contact your service provider if all else fails
We respect your privacy. No information is shared with parties outside the fax to email network ("third parties").